Monday, November 29, 2010
The library has four printers for student use: a B&W printer on the first floor, a B&W printer and a color printer on the second floor, and a B&W printer on the third floor. The color multi-function device on the second floor cannot be used to make copies at this time, but will be modified for that purpose in the future. Other multi-function printers are located throughout the campus.
For more information, please go to the Library's web site, or Computing Resources for tutorials.
The Pumerantz Library now has an electronic subscription to Science, the journal of the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAS). Our subscription run is from 1997 to present.
You may access the current issue, 26 November 2010, vol 330, issue 6008, and previous issues, our subscription also provides users with a number of RSS feeds to help you stay up to date on the latest in science news, commentary, and research.
Genome Workbench is a free product offered by National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) that is an integrated desktop application for viewing and analyzing sequence data.
Genome Workbench allows you to view data in publicly available sequence databases at NCBI, and mix this data with your own private data. Workbench can display sequence data in many ways, including graphical sequence views, various alignment views, phylogenetic tree views, and tabular views of data. It can also align your private data to data in public databases, display your data in the context of public data, and retrieve BLAST results.
Friday, November 19, 2010
UPDATE: The Pumerantz Library will be closing Wednesday, November 24th at 5 pm.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
- Clinical Manual of Contact Lenses - Bennett, Edward S., 3rd Ed., 2008
- English & Spanish Medical Words & Phrases - McCann Schilling, Judith A.,4th Ed., 2007
- Fluids and Electrolytes Made Incredibly Easy!, 4th Ed., 2007
- Interpretation of Diagnostic Tests - Wallach, Jacques B., 8th Ed., 2007
- Medical Spanish Made Incredibly Easy!, 3rd Ed., 2008
- Only EKG Book You'll Ever Need - Thaler, Malcolm S., 6th Ed., 2009
- Visual Diagnosis and Treatment in Pediatrics - Chung, Esther K., 2nd, 2010
Thursday, November 11, 2010
The database mentioned is expected to be offline and unavailable for approximately 9 hours on Saturday, November 13th due to scheduled upgrades.
Down time by region is expected to be as follows
• U.S. Pacific Standard Time (PST): 4:30AM EST - 1:30PM PST
• U.S. Eastern Standard Time (EST): 7:30AM EST - 4:30PM EST
We apologize for the inconvenience while we improve your Elsevier products.