Wednesday, January 13, 2016
Thursday, December 3, 2015
The Food for Fines program only applies to Pumerantz Library fines only, it may not be applied to replacement or damaged items fees or charges from other WesternU entities.
All food items collected will be donated to the 2nd Chance Thrift Store, a non-profit community outreach organization, that benefits several sober living home facilities in Pomona.
For more information contact us at 909-469-5323 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted by Rudy Barreras at 3:35 PM
Monday, October 19, 2015
Anatomage is a virtual cadaver that users may rotate through 360 degrees, slice through the entire cadaver, remove or highlight certain anatomical structures.
CC-BY Intel Free Press
Our two Occulus Rift headsets are pre-loaded with "tours" of the ear, head and throat and allows users to move through and listen to instruction about each section of the anatomy.
The iPads are loaded with anatomy apps provided by fusion.tech at Stanford.
Also unique to the VRLC is that after instruction has concluded for the day, faculty may reserve the room to create content for future lessons, and students may reserve the individual VRLC components for study. Both faculty and students must complete an instructional session with library staff to certify that they know what each item does and what they can and can't do with them.
For details or upcoming instructional session information please contact 909-469-5323 or email email@example.com.
Monday, September 28, 2015
This year to celebrate NMLM the librarians of the Pumerantz Library want you to be prepared for the zombie apocalypse. To help you get prepared we have the following displays and events planned.
- Zombie Survival Prep improvised defense weapons display – all month long, Museum
- 10 C’s of Survival display – all month long – 2nd floor stairwell
- On campus interlibrary loan office delivery – All month long
- Screening of Zombieland Oct. 28 @ 6:30 pm. Please register
We will also offer the following training session
- VRLC Training
- Oct. 8, Noon – 1 pm Limit of 20, Please register
- Oct. 14, 5 pm – 6 pm Limit of 20, Please register
- Oct. 20, Noon – 1 pm Limit of 20, Please register
Our perennial favorite events will make a comeback
- Fine Free Friday – Oct. 16
- Halloween photo contest, take a picture in your Halloween costume with the library in the background and submit with the following #PumerantzHalloween on Oct. 30- 31 @pumerantzlib or Facebook
- Halloween “trick or trick” at the library 1st & 2nd floor desks – Oct. 30-31
If you have any questions please contact 909-469-5323 ask for Reference or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Tuesday, July 28, 2015
The Pumerantz Library Study Room Reservation system has been updated! Our new system will feel similar to the old with several visual and functional improvements.
You will now be able to see a picture and details for the room you are reserving, add accessories like marker kits and headphones, invite other students to join you, and choose when you receive emails from the system.
To use the new features, log in with your WesternU email username and password by clicking the “Reserve a Study Room” link on the Library’s homepage (http://www.westernu.edu/library) or navigating directly to https://booked.westernu.edu. More information on Booked can be found through our user guide here.
If you have bookmarked our previous reservation system, please remember to change it to booked.westernu.edu.
For more information contact the library at 909.469.5323 or email email@example.com.