October is National Medical Librarian’s Month. Come to the library and help your university librarians celebrate. We are bringing back old favorite events and workshops as well as introducing some new ones.
To start it all off on Monday, October 4th is Snapshot Day - a day in the life of your library. Come to the library and use our services and resources as you normally would. Show how much the library means to you, stop and leave your thoughts on our comment boards on the first floor.
- Oct 4: - Effective study techniques for medical school – Nicholas Blank-Spadoni
- Oct 6: - Web 2.0 tools in Medicine – Rudy R. Barreras
- Oct 13: - Clinical Apps in Medicine – Rudy R. Barreras
- Oct 14: - Using images in PowerPoints and presentations – Ruth Harris
- Oct 18: - Cite While You Write® and EndNote® Output Styles - Alicia Saulpaugh
- Oct 21:- Test anxiety and relaxation techniques – Dagmar Cofer
- Oct 27: - PowerPoint® for students – David Peterson
- Oct 28: - Researching using embase® – Ruth Harris
Book Repair Day – October 19 - Leave a book in need of repair at the library. We’ll fix it and get it back to you. Please allow a few days for staff to repair the book and contact you.
Bi-annual Library Book Sale – October 25 – 31 - Books will be replenished throughout the week so remember to stop back to see what has been added.
Fine Free Friday – October 29 - Come in on this one day and the library will forgive a fine on a book that you currently have checked out. Sorry, we can't forgive previous or existing fines, nice try though!
Candy! - October 25 - 31 - Our public service desks, check out and reference, will have candy on hand.